Have you run the network setup from the xp cd on the 98 machine ?
To start the Network Setup Wizard
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.
Start the Network Setup Wizard
Follow the instructions on your screen.
• Before running the Network Setup Wizard, make sure your network hardware is installed and working properly on all of the computers on your network.
• Before running the Network Setup Wizard on computers running Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows Millennium Edition, make sure Internet Connection Sharing is disabled on these computers.
Top of page
• To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections. Under Common Tasks, click Network Setup Wizard.
• Run the Network Setup Wizard on the host computer first. The host computer is the one that will share its Internet connection.
• During the Network Setup Wizard, it is recommended that you create a floppy disk to run the Network Setup Wizard on Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Millennium computers on your network.
• The Network Setup Wizard can only be run on computers using Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, or Windows XP.
If your machine does not have a floppy drive you can run this of the CD by puting it in the 98 machine
Edited by peterm, 09 June 2006 - 05:49 PM.