Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antec TruePower II 550 w/ X1900XT

• Please log in to reply

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Anyone have this set-up? I'm worrying about if the PCIe power on the PSU will give enough amps for a X1900XT. Do PCIe power cables from the PSU combine the 12V rails, or is it on one of the single 19A rail?

Thanks,
Matt

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Warning: This is what the tech guy told me when I went PSU shopping.

I had 3 PSU's in front of me and asked what one will work best IF I upgrade to the highest of high end cards. He recommended the Tru Power (which I have in my computer now) because it has overall better powering performance to everything. I trust this place so you will have enough amperage for the X1900XT. 550W is near (not definate, but near) overkill for most computers. My computer (listed below) only NEEDS about 350W.

FalloutYear

FalloutYear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Thanks =). My X1900XT is coming on monday, I haven't had my good pc (in sig) for almost a month because of an RMA. I ended up getting refunded and ordered me a X1900XT. Hopefully I will see a difference.