Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hidusb.sys file for optical mouse

• Please log in to reply

thebatwing101

thebatwing101

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, my friend gave me his old optical mouse, it is a USB optical mouse manufactured by microsoft. Once I plug it in, the computer informs of new hardware found and the wizard begins. Midway through the wizard it request the XP cd for the hidusb.sys file, and I cannot find my cd, so i was wondering if i could get that file some other way. Thanks for your time.

~Shane

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi thebatwing101!

I have attached the hidusb.sys file that you need to this post. Please reply once you have downloaded it so that I can remove it. It is in a zip file so just extract it to your desktop and install the mouse again and when it asks for the file, tell it to look on your desktop for it.

REMOVED ATTACHMENT, SEE MY LAST POST IN THIS TOPIC. IT HAS AN ATTACHMENT WITH BOTH FILES NEEDED INSIDE OF IT.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 09 June 2006 - 06:18 PM.

thebatwing101

thebatwing101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok i got the file and it worked, but now it is requesting mouhid.sys file. can you help with that? thanks a bunch

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yeah, it will ask for a couple files, 2 or 3 i believe. Here is the zipped file of mouhid.sys

REMOVED ATTACHMENT, SEE MY LAST POST IN THIS TOPIC. IT HAS AN ATTACHMENT WITH BOTH FILES NEEDED INSIDE OF IT.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 09 June 2006 - 06:18 PM.

thebatwing101

thebatwing101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thankyou very much for your help, you were very quick to respond, i appreciate it greatly, the mouse is now working, and working very well at that. Thanks again for your time!

Sincerely
Shane

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad I could help and glad that the mouse is working now! :whistling:

If you have any other questions or problems, please feel free to post in this topic or if it doesn't pertain to this topic, then please start a new topic in the appropriate forum.

Fenor

REMOVED THE INDIVIDUAL ZIP FILES FROM PREVIOUS POSTS AND ATTACHED ONE ZIP FILE CONTAINING BOTH FILES NEEDED TO THIS POST

Attached Files

Edited by Fenor, 09 June 2006 - 06:20 PM.