Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help for game

• Please log in to reply

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
hello, my name is oliver, i need some help. i have a 128MB ati X300 se, and 1024MB RAM, pentium 4, 3 GHZ, does anyone know if that is good enough to play the game F.E.A.R?
thanks

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

hello, my name is oliver, i need some help. i have a 128MB ati X300 se, and 1024MB RAM, pentium 4, 3 GHZ, does anyone know if that is good enough to play the game F.E.A.R?
thanks

Yes it will be able to start and play the game but the x300se is a slow video card and you are looking at all low video card settings for that game. The gameplay wont be a thrilling experience on the x300se but It will play it.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Okay I would just like to say that:
1) It was not only unnecessary but rude to start a new thread with the exact same question you asked yesterday. Everyone here is busy and will get to you, but you didn't just Bump the post, you started a new one.

2) It will run, but not to the beauty you may be expecting.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
hey, thanks, sorry about the new thread thingy, but i made that one, and it would show it, and i kept refreshing the page, and it wasnt on there, so i just decided to do it again, sorry about that....
anyway, thanks alot, buhbye

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
wouldnt show it* my bad

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I know your problems solved...or...kinda...but wanted to apologize...had a rough night when i typed that :whistling:

Have fun with F.E.A.R.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
:whistling: thanks dude

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
i have one more question, does anyone know of any existing ps2/xbox/360 emulators that actually work, if so, can i please have a link?? thanks

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No but you will find most xbox games were either originally pc games or have a pc port of the game. Ps2 there is a couple of emulators if you look around.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
okay, but there are absolutly none that let you just put in a disc and play? cuz i had one that works with ps1 that you just put in the disc.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Nope.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
dang. okay, i got F.E.A.R!! :whistling: it lags, but i lowered everything a bit, it still has very impressive graphics, with no lag!! thanks!!!!

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
okay, last question, i swear, then you will never have to hear from me again.. well.. maybe..
anyways, is it better to have more GHZ or less GHZ???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Usually more. Although you cant accurately judge, a 2Ghz Athlon will often beat a 3Ghz Pentium. Depends on the chip, if they are the same model just different speed more is definately better.

I just started playing fear again, its much better the second time round, its much less scary when you know whats coming and feel sorry for alma. Also seems easier the second time even with difficulty up mind you ive got a better mouse now so im a little more accurate, its a good game the expension comes out in August which im looking fordward to playing.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

.Ù.Oliver_P.Ù.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
okay, this game is incredible, very cool physics, and awsome slo-mo, bullettime kinda stuff