Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up RAID

• Please log in to reply

victim of a down

victim of a down

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just booted my new computer, and I'm having a problem. It goes to this screen that says Asus A8N-SLI Premium and all that, and you're supposed to hit DEL to go on. Well, when I hit it, it comes to a menu that says RAID Configuration Utility. I hit "Create RAID set," and it just says "Not enough single drives to create Raid set."

In my Onboard Configuration, NVRAID is disabled, should it be enabled? I tried enabling it, and I got to some new screen, but when I set everything up, it messed up later.

Also, I have my hdd's plugged into the Sata 1 and Sata 2 plugs, instead of the Sata Raid 1 and 2 plugs. I tried it both ways, but nothing seems to work.

How do I do this?!

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hi ,Your on the right track just have not enabled drives in NVRaid config.

Raid enabled [Disabled] set to enabled
then enable Raid function of each port from NVRaid config submenu (ch 2.22 manual)

Its an either/or situation you can use sata1,2,3,4 raid function needs to be enable
or Sata Raid1,2,3,4 Raid function already enabled.(I would choose Sata Raid1,2)

Note,before you can access Raid setup utility you have to have sata HDs installed and enabled.

You can get Manualhere. 8.72 (MB) dload is a bit slow

Edited by HaraldR, 10 June 2006 - 12:52 AM.

victim of a down

victim of a down

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well, it's currently enabled, but I still can't get it towork even then. I still got back to the RAID config screen.

Then, I got to a screen saying Delete, Rebuild,and Array the drives.

And the Windows setup stated, but then said there weren't and hdds.