Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What Video Card Should I Get?

• Please log in to reply

christianbiker

christianbiker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good day,

I was wondering...

I am wanting to by a graphics card for my computer and am not real sure what to look for. I bought one today and the guy said it should work but guess what, it does not fit. The slot is different than the configuration of the card itself.

How do I know what to look for? I know there is a website out there that will tell me all of the upgrades I can do on my system but I cannot remember the address.

I have a HP Pavillion, AMD Athlon 3200, 2.19 GHZ, 448 Ram

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go
in order to help you we need some information about yor mother board we need to no the make and model of it.

if you do not no what make/model it is then download and install this program
http://www.softpedia...load-16369.html

this will tell you about everything connected to your computer and what speeds it is all running at

what card did this guy seel you? (make and model) and what type is it PCI? PCI-Express? AGP?
then we will talk some more :whistling:
troppo