Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio doesnt work

• Please log in to reply

meh

meh

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Everything was working fine yesterday, and suddenly today my audio doesn't work. When I click the little sound button ("volume") at the lower right of the screen, it pops up with an error message saying:

"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware."

I don't understand what's wrong. I still hear sounds on my computer, so I dont think ths sound card is broken..i just cant adjust the volume of the system, and i can't play any mp3's.

I checked the "sound and audio devices properties" in the control panel, and under the "volume" tab it says "No Audio Device".

Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks in advance for help.

-meh

Advertisements

sooners_ou2008

sooners_ou2008

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Alright i have had the same problem and i took my comp to besr buy and they fixed it but what i found out is it was VERY simple,,,
JUST got to Google and search sound drivers and ( no what kinda of computer you have ) alright then download it folllow what it says then you should be fine if not Let me i would like to no if i was any help....

meh

meh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Heheh...my sound has miraculously started working again :tazz: . Erm..i have no idea how or why, but upon turning it on this morning, the sound re-appeared. Out of nowhere. Like daisies. I didn't do anything to the comp, so yesterday must have just been a...fluke of the system? Anywho, yay for sound! Thanks for helping!

-Meh