Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp home - task manager

• Please log in to reply

boogie71

boogie71

• Pip
  • 2 posts
can somebody help me. I have xp set up to separate accounts, with my account as administrator. For some unknown reason when I start task manager, I only get a cut down version that appears. This version of task manager only shows the users, type of session - and the only thing that you can do with it is to disconnect and logoff users. It is not the full version of taskmanger showing processes etc... I cannot figure out how to enable full version of task manager under the administrator account, although it does seems to work properly under an account with limited privileges!!!

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Go to VIEW and click on SELECT COLUMNS. There you should be able to tick what you would like to appear in the task manager.

Let me know how it went,
DS

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Double click it at the top

boogie71

boogie71

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks heaps Keith - I feel like an idiot now!! this had been bugging me for some time so thank you.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I also feel like an idiot now for not understanding your question. :whistling:

DS

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You're not the first to be baffled by that one, and the only thing you can do in tiny footprint mode (they actually gave it a name) is change the size of task manager :whistling:

Thank you for letting me know

boispw

boispw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
many additional thanks here....

This has been bugging me too for some time. The only way I could close this minimized thing was alt f4 and it was driving me nuts. I did anti-virus scans, spyware, etc, etc.

So, thanks once more! :whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the hoot about this is that the tiny footprint mode saves such a minimal amount of space it is essentially useless.

I think this MS's way of having fun with its users...