Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realplayer on Nvidia dualview

• Please log in to reply

Adrian04

Adrian04

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I've got a Geforce fx 5200 and I run one screen on my monitor and one on TV, sometimes in clone mode and sometimes dual view. My question: I have a no. of RMVB files which ony Realplayer can run but in Dualview mode I drag the player to my TV it runs only in windowed mode and not full screen. I know with other files and players I had to turn off the Overlay setting what is something similiar in Realplayer that means I can run fullscreen video on my TV. Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you updated your reaplayer?

Adrian04

Adrian04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
First thing I tried though I only updated the player and didn't install the extra plugins. didn't seem essential. Graphics drivers also up to date.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
i would try a different app realplayer is pretty rubbish, i think i had a similar problem it doesnt behave well with dual screens.

Get the Klite mega codec pack, it comes with MPC and the real player alternaitve codecs its a much better app than real player and will play rmvb without problem which is handy because i also like the rmvb format but i dont use realplayer.

Adrian04

Adrian04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
i have the klite codec pack, but I don't want another app just to play RMVB files, I'm using Core Media Player. Do the Klite codecs allow you to play RMVB on another player like I can now with RM files? If not then I might install MPC cause as you say Realplayer is rubbish. I thought VLC would play it too.

Adrian04

Adrian04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Got MPC but it won't go fullscreen on my TV even in clone mode, something to do with Directshow video.
On a related note, does anyone know of CDROM problems reading RMVB files? My one (label only says ATAPI COMBO52XMAX) freezes up all the time about halfway through a RMVB file. Never happened before with other CDs, but it works fine on my brother's Sony drive.