Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

to build or not to build...that is the question

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I got my AMD Athlon 64 3800+ for 96 quid including VAT :whistling: every AMD 939 price is droping I think looking at the prices!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if your interested in keeping up with prices on CPU...RAM...and MOBOs go to sharkyextreme and sign up yor their news letter..I only get a weekly letter and have been for 2 years and they dont spam you..you dont have to sign up... just go there to read reviews on all the hardware and overclocking...what works what doesn't...they also benchmark THE CPUs

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/

Edited by happyrck, 16 June 2006 - 02:45 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you are serious abouit hardware there isnt really one place to go, THG is the biggest around but there is always a bias you have to look around to get a truly neutral view.

kebabboy

kebabboy

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
SO when do you guys think the best time to build a new comp will be? I though I'd go this summer and give a shot at the new intel chips but I'd miss out on dx10? By the time that comes out the new AMD chip will be just around the corner.. When will progress ever stop so we have time to catch up???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its usually not as bad as this, this year is particularly good/bad for technology progress.

kebabboy

kebabboy

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
So you think I should wait till january unitll the frenzy stops? I don't relly need a new comp.. I just don't want it to be outdated 2 weeks after it's completed.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You will have to make that decision yourself, im probably going to stick with 939 and upgrade what i have when the prices rock bottom in July, a small upgrade to keep me going then next year get something better.