Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UltraVNC Server and VNC Viewer

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I am trying to get this to work and "remote access" to my computer from school with a USB Thumb Drvie. this web site (http://www.yourwar.net/?page_id=6) told me how to do a lot of stuff at school with a USB Thumb Drive. and one of the things is this VNC thingy and when i go to connect with VNC Viewer i cant. and in firewall i added the two programs to the allow list. can someone tell me what to enter in my routers config area. (i access it by typing my ip address in my browser and log in)

the VNC thing says like port "5900" and i entered my ip (68.198.183.68) in the box labeled "VNC Server" in the VNC Viewer program on my USB Drive, to attempt to connect to my comp.

go here to see exactly what i do so you can tell me what to enter to make it work:

http://italy.copybas...GP/Routing.html

Advertisements

vettegofast

vettegofast

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Are you behind a router at home? If so you will need to forward the ports. Also it may be a firewall at school which is preventing it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're attempting to use a school computer to connect to your home computer...you'll need to configure the system at the house correctly (portforwarding as vette suggested)...but for the school system...you're going to need to talk to the school's IT staff, they may have restrictions in place to stop this sort of thing ( i know i would if i were them)

vettegofast

vettegofast

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Universities usually do have restrictions on the network. They also use a domain controller to keep you from having too much administrative ability on the computers.