Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing topic?

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hello,

Absolutely LOVE the help I've received from GTG! Amazing how they can take the computer illiterate (me) and walk them through the "innards" of the computer and get things corrected!

I would suggest in the Download File Support or How-To Guides or some other prominent location that you add an area on Firewalls. A lot of us non-geeks (yet?) are nervous at simply trying a new anti-virus program or anything else like that - until it's too late maybe! Perhaps many of our problems could be stopped with a good firewall. Seems maybe that should be one of the first things one could find online here.

For example - I had Sygate and LOVED it! Then I had many problems, not because of Sygate. In working through things we deleted Sygate. I've now installed Zone Alarm and it seems to have a FAR greater learning curve that Sygate. I now can't find an older version of Sygate. - - - Not asking for help here. Just trying to point out an area that could be of great help and use to us non-geeks. MIGHT even be a great assistance in preventing problems that GTG has to deal with!!??

Just my two cents worth.
bamakodaker

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Cant say i had that problem with zone alarm but it is more active than alot of other firewalls, which is often a good thing. If you need more information the best places to look are support sites and dedicated forums often you will find developers and testers frequent those forums and are intimate with the application and can easily help and often have the kind of information you are looking for allready posted.

The best way to find onformation is the same place we look we werent born geeks and its a large field of interest the geeks greatest attribute is curiosity and pratcie at research, often it sounds time consuming but i find that i can answer almost anything in 10 minutes with a little common sense and google even if i know nothing about the application.