Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop wont bootup!

• Please log in to reply

bookrack

bookrack

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I shutdown my laptop, it wont boot back up. Here is the following message in italics that appears on the screen.

Intel® Boot Agent Version 4.0.18
Client Mac ADDR: 00 00 39 c9 65 8B Guid:26 dee 880-c207-11d5-8093-b15381054477 pxe-e53: No Boot Filename Received.
PXE-MOF:Exiting intel pxe rom
insert system disk in drive
press any key when ready

One other note I may add ,is that its been happening for about 3 weeks now....I have been able to restart the computer on 4 occasions since this has occured, but its always at least 24-36 hours later....It wont start up on the same day it has shut down, for whatever reason(s)

Thank you for any help :whistling:

Advertisements

bookrack

bookrack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I also should add that I've left my laptop on overnight for several nights to avoid having this problem, but obviously that wont correct the problem.

Thanks again for any input you may have.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your computer seems to be trying to boot from a network....for mysterious reasons unbeknownst to me (knownst to others)...some bios versions will trip over to a PXE boot unexplicably

boot into your bios and make sure that your HD is the first boot device in the list...also look for a section for disabeling PXE boot...or network booting

bookrack

bookrack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Im on a computer @ the library, so Ill look into the BIOS settings for that HD as 1st boot device when I arrive home. Do you have any other suggestions.

I appreciate your reply...Thx

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
not unless the above doesn't clear the issue (which it should)

bookrack

bookrack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thx dsenette...I'll be heading home to try those suggestions. I'll check back tomorrow. :whistling: