Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Viewing PC images on my TV

• Please log in to reply

mark.ison

mark.ison

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi all,
This may be a simple one but i am trying to use my tv as the monitor for my laptop using an s-video cable. Now i can get the image to appear on the tv but it's being used as a dual screen and i have to drag a box off of the end of one side of the screen to make it viewable on the TV. Is this right or is there a way that the image i see on the laptop can be produced as an exact copy on my TV?

Mark

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what graphix card do you have? most of them have a functionality to clone the desktop...but the methods are different for each card

mark.ison

mark.ison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Its a ATI Radeon IGP 340M!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www2.ati.com/..._user_guide.pdf there's a manual for the ati catalyst control center..which is what the radeon's usually use..

go here http://support.ati.c...=737&deptID=894 and run the tool to see if catalyst is compatable with your card

mark.ison

mark.ison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have tried to install the program but it will not let me install the update on my system.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
let's see if we can do this blind...(as my setup may be different than yours..though i have an ati radeon as well...just a 9000 not the 340 igp or whatever)

right click the desktop > properties > settings > right click the second monitor and untick "attached" > apply

now highlight monitor one...and choose advanced....go to the displays tab...

do you see four squares?
one that says monitor one that says tv one that says fpd and one that says panel?
does the one that says tv have a little red circle in the top corner? if so...click the little red circle and press apply

of course..all of this needs to have the tv hooked up correctly

mark.ison

mark.ison

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I've selected screen one and selected advanced but the displays tab was not there...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
let's forget about doing it through the drivers... go here and download ultramon...i use it...and it's really nifty..you can do alot of things with dual monitors with it..