Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 9 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Sean McC

Sean McC

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I can't take screenshots in WMP9 using Ctrl+I for some reason, and clicking on the video doesn't put it into fullscreen as it normally does.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try updating to the latest stable media player, WMP10. you will see 11 is allready out but its still in beta so try 10 first.

Sean McC

Sean McC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I've updated to WMP10 but still have the same problems.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I suggest updating to Windows Media Player 11 Beta, its still in its beta stages, but I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and its working fine.

Here's the link:
http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you cant get the latest stable release working installing a beta is utter stupidity it just adds beta bugs on top of your problem.

I would uninstall WMP, and reinstall 10 that should clear out any bugs and give you a nice clean install of 10.

You could also use orint screen button to take screenshots.

Edited by warriorscot, 13 June 2006 - 04:52 PM.

Sean McC

Sean McC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I would uninstall WMP, and reinstall 10 that should clear out any bugs and give you a nice clean install of 10.

Can you talk me through it? I've done similar before, but I can't be sure if it has been uninstalled properly. It'll rollback to 9 but I can't seem to uninstall and reinstall from there or from scratch, the problems seem to persist.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Uninstall from add remove to get rid of 10, then in the windows components section find WMP and untick the box hit next and it will remove it from the system. Then restart and install WMP 10, easy enough to do slightly more complex because WMP is considered a windows component.

Sean McC

Sean McC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Done that. No change :whistling:

Sean McC

Sean McC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well after over a year with this problem, I finally found a fix today. I downloaded the TweakMP PowerToy Plug-in from here and reset my WMP9's settings to default. It worked. Now my WMP works like a dream :whistling: