Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer Error(s)

• Please log in to reply

DeanofHC

DeanofHC

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
About a month ago my girlfriend's laptop was reformatted and had a new hard drive installed. Her "My Documents" folders were backed up onto another system and then were copied back into the respective folders after XP was reinstalled (the original OS on the previous hard drive as well as the OS on the new drive is XP Profressional). Since the reformat we have not had any problems accessing the JPEGs in My Pictures until today, when she uploaded her pictures as usual (just a copy-and-paste method, camera lists in My Computer as a Device with Removable Storage). Now the entire My Pictures folder is acting akwardly and causing Exlorer.exe to crash. We cannot access most of the pictures (for some reason a couple of the folders work). To answer a potential question, all of the pictures are in the same format and have come from the same camera.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

DeanofHC

DeanofHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Also, in light of a number of current XP problems with the Dr. Watson Postmortem error, I want everyone to know that I have checked out that possibility already and that is not the case. Thanks in advance for the advice.