Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HUGE packets sent after hibernate

• Please log in to reply

Driverdave

Driverdave

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Forgive me if this has been covered...I searched and found nothing...

If I restart my network, my sent/receive stays fairly even for as long as I'm connected, but if I hibernate my machine, even for 1 minute, when I come back up, my sent is like 4 billion and received is unchanged.

I've run spyware and I have PortExplorer, but can't seem to figure out what's doing it.

An obviously related problem, is my router showing an active connection even while my computer is hibernating. Only if I shut down does it go out.

I consider myself fairly experienced, but by no means a true expert with computers/networking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Wish I could help in this one. When the pc hibernates, I believe that the power is actually completely off, so the fact that it is somehow sending packets is extremely strange. Maybe try swapping out the network card and see what happens. Let me know if you find anything out or have any new info. I'm curious.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

Driverdave

Driverdave

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
"bump"