Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I undelete deleted files from the bin - please help

• Please log in to reply

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
hi there everyone

my son uses my pc to do some mixing on He has sent a mix to a dj only company which he has made and they now would like to use it, the problem is I have deleted a looped mp3 beat that he made to go over the back of the song/mix which was saved on my desktop.
He needs to change the mix slightly but needs the mp3 beat back as the program he uses (acid pro 4) is looking for the track which is now gone.
I have removed all from the recycle bin and so its not there, is there anyway or any program that I can use to get it back, I have heard there is but am not a computer expert and may do more damage.

Please please please can someone help me the file was deleted on monday 12th june evening 20.00 gmt, and the pc is off at the moment , I am on a works pc to type this.

Many thanks

shannianni :whistling:

Edited by shannianni, 13 June 2006 - 02:35 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
This is what windows help has to say about it: To delete or restore files in the Recycle Bin

On the desktop, double-click Recycle Bin.
Do one of the following:
To restore an item, right-click it, and then click Restore.
To restore all of the items, on the Edit menu, click Select All, and then on the File menu, click Restore.
To delete an item, right-click it, and then click Delete.
To delete all of the items, on the File menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.

Notes

Deleting an item from the Recycle Bin permanently removes it from your computer. Items deleted from the Recycle Bin cannot be restored.
You can also delete items by dragging them into the Recycle Bin. If you press SHIFT while dragging, the item is deleted from your computer without being stored in the Recycle Bin.
Restoring an item in the Recycle Bin returns that item to its original location.
To retrieve several items at once, hold down CTRL, and then click each item that you want to retrieve. When you have finished selecting the items that you want to retrieve, on the File menu, click Restore.
If you restore a file that was originally located in a deleted folder, the folder is recreated in its original location, and then the file is restored in that folder.
The following items are not stored in the Recycle Bin and cannot be restored:
Items deleted from network locations.
Items deleted from removable media (such as 3.5-inch disks).
Items that are larger than the storage capacity of the Recycle Bin.

According to windows help you can't get it back, but this is most likely wrong. There are un-delete utilities (like Norton) that can do it. You can go to http://www.majorgeek...downloads2.html and search for "undelete" lots of hits.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I use PC Inspector File Recovery.

Note:
When an item is put into the recycle bin, it's not removed from the hard drive, Windows just forgets about it.
If you have deleted a file, it remains on sector(s) of a hard drive untill they are written over.
If you have written over this sector(s), the file is gone....
(By downloading software to undelete it, you may writer over the sector

http://www.pcinspect.../UK/welcome.htm