Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can someone recommend a graphics card for these games...

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello,

Can some one recommend a graphics card that will be able to run World Of Warcraft, Black and White 2, Battle for middle earth 1 and 2 and games like that (not very high spec ones)

I have 512MB RAM but will be upgrading to 1GB very shortly.

My price range is £100 - and I can only accept AGP format... (not got a PCI-E motherboard)

Cheers :whistling:

Advertisements

BeerRun

BeerRun

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I would go with ATI 9800 Pro aleast. I'm not sure on the price, might be around $150. But AGP is dead PCIe is where it's at. It's time to start think about a new pc. With the release of AMD AM2, you should find some good deals on the Athlon 64 X2 939 pin set. I'm am currently wait on my new PC from Velocity Micro with the FX 62 processor and dual eVga Nvidia 7900 GTX Superclocked graphics cards. Because my old XP2200 with a ATI 9800 pro just makes min specs for most new games, and the frame rates are really low, almost to the point of being unplayable. BTW not sure about the rest of your system what are the specs? :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol Beerrun you know in July Conroe is out and the mid range $300ish core 2 duo is alot faster than the Fx62 by a good margin in pretty much everything. I would probably go insane if i had just spent that much money on a system that will be obsolete in a month, not to mention DX10 gfx.

Barros maybe a 6800GS or x1600, maybe x800GTO, you might be able to get hold of an x850 for a good price if you are lucky.

BeerRun

BeerRun

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well I have always owned a AMD processor ever since the days of the AMD2 with 3D Now. See no reason too change now. As far as the Conroe from Pentium goes still have seen no real performance test results yet. But then again I havn't looked too hard for them. I just use my PC too game with, and just once in life I just wanted to have a system that would ROCK! BTW It was hard enough to wait for the release of AM2. I was already too buy the FX60 with the money Uncle Sam was so kind too give back to me. Then found out it was the end of the 939 chip set, so I waited for AM2. Things will aways get better and improved over time and a short time at that with pcs. So no matter what is top of the line today. It will be second place tommorow because we always try too be better. :whistling:

Edited by BeerRun, 13 June 2006 - 07:17 PM.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hey,

I am not an intense or "hardcore gamer" so there is no need for me to upgrade to a PCI-E just now...

Would the ATI RADEON X1600 PRO 512MB AGP graphics card do the trick? Its only about £90 :blink:

:whistling:

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Anyone There ? :whistling: