Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Crashes

• Please log in to reply

dabienman

dabienman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Lately my computer has been crashing from the internet and under the "network connections" in control panel, my icon will turn grey and become "disabled" For now the only way to fix this is to reboot my computer. I cannot think of what is crashing my internet so i looked at my Event Viewer under computer management. Some warnings i get under Application are :

"Windows saved user RAY\Ray Tong registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account."

And some under the System tab are :

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts."

and also

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00D09E48970E. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
"

Also note that i recently did a complete reformatt of my computer because of this problem. After about two months of cleaness it has started to re-appear.

I can post a HJT if it is needed...

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I suggest checking for malware. Work through the malware removal guide at
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
This enables folks to solve most problems on their own. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html