Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 Player Transfer Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ceegee

ceegee

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Now, when I transfer mp3 files from my comp to my mp3 player, it plays for like 10 seconds then it goes to the next song. I don't get why it's doing that.:whistling:

Here is the pic of my MP3 player:
http://www.cobyusa.c...cat=mp3&pscat2=

Any help would be great.:blink:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do the mp3's play correctly while they're on your computer? are you using the mp3 player's software to transfer the songs or are you just dragging the files over in explorer? does the mp3 player have a play mode called "intro" or something to that effect? i know on some cd players that there is a mode such as that that only plays the first little bit of the song so that you can find the song you want if you don't know what track it is...i believe some mp3 players also have this option.

ceegee

ceegee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

do the mp3's play correctly while they're on your computer? are you using the mp3 player's software to transfer the songs or are you just dragging the files over in explorer? does the mp3 player have a play mode called "intro" or something to that effect? i know on some cd players that there is a mode such as that that only plays the first little bit of the song so that you can find the song you want if you don't know what track it is...i believe some mp3 players also have this option.

1. Yeah, they play correctly on my computer.

2. I copy them from my comp to my MP3 player

3.I don't think so.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did your mp3 player come with software?
have you tried using said software instead of the copy method?
where did the files come from to begin with?

ceegee

ceegee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

did your mp3 player come with software?
have you tried using said software instead of the copy method?
where did the files come from to begin with?

I came with a drver, but that works. I've tried moving the files, but it messes up the files. I usually get them from Limewire.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...there's an issue....we do not support issues with P2P...i would assume thta this may be a root cause of why your songs aren't playing...

try ripping a cd that you OWN and see if the files get corrupted when transfered...other than that...this thread is closed