Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp booting

• Please log in to reply

tinamarie

tinamarie

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
When I turn on comp windows logo is very scrambled it takes like 4- 5 min to start and when it does it comes to select account I am only user, then I click it screen stays black for like 3min and starts up then it takes like 2 min for everything to work ..... I read previous posts on my similar problem and I did notice one about computer adminstrator I think I have changed comuter admin to my name and may have caused a problem there. Also I was going to run a hijack this log and show you but wasn't sure if it would help this problem, anyway what sould I do?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does the monitor show out of range when it is scrambled, has the monitor got a reset button

Click start, control panel, user accounts then user accounts, change the way user log on, are both boxes ticked?

Have you installed .net framework recently, if so, run Microsoft Update to check for a service pack