Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection problem, makes no sense.

• Please log in to reply

Zanarkand

Zanarkand

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alrighty, This is very frustrating and odd, possibly because I don't really know anything about this, but here is my problem. I have an RCA digital broadband modem which is connected to a D-Link, DI-624 wireless router. I've had minor problems in the past but for the most part its always worked pretty well. Now, all the lights are blinking just fine and it looks as it always has, but it's recieve when I go to the status of the connection is very low and not moving. I've tried restarting them both over and over again, but it does nothing. For some reason when I disable the connection I can get on the internet a little bit slower than usual, but that's how I'm logged in to post on here. I have other computers which use this wireless router so I need to get this thing back up, I just have no idea what the problem could be.

Advertisements

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi
Im no pro and indeed, am having a few problems of my own.

However, is your network secure? That is; are you sure your connection is not all of a sudden being shared by someone else other than your permitted machines?

Also, are you sure a setting has not changed in your firewall? Did you alter any wireless adapter settings which may have activated the windows firewall?

Finally, if it was ok previously, have you tried a Windows System Restore?

Just a couple of things to think about. :whistling:
Good luck.