Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recovery of files

• Please log in to reply

DVDGuy88

DVDGuy88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

My name is Dave, and I own a small digital video editing business.
(www.freewebs.com/everbuildingfilms)

My company computer, a Compaq with AMD Sempron 3100+ processor, 512 MB RAM, 160 GB HDD, (and an additional 200 GB HDD) and a 16x DVD+/- R/RW drive, went into what it called Recovery Mode because it found some errors on my drive. I ran the recovery software, and now all of the video data and many other files that I had on the computer before I ran it seem to have disappeared.

I do not believe they were removed from the computer in the process, because the amopunt of used space on the hard drive was 53.4 GB, which was equivalent to what it was before I ran system recovery. I do not know how to restore the files so that I can use them again, though.

I have important company-related documents that I need recovered ASAP, so I appreciate the expedient recovery speed which this service appears ready to offer, and await your help feverishly.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Read the user manual first, avoid installing too many of these types of programmes as anything you write to the drive will possibly overwrite the files you need

http://www.pcinspect.../uk/welcome.htm

Kenny94

Kenny94

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
If PC INSPECTOR doesn't work out? Try Smart Data Recovery. It's a excellent recovery tool at:

http://www.smartpcto.../data_recovery/

DVDGuy88

DVDGuy88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I'm going to read the manual, try both of these progs, and then get back to you with my results.

When I recover my data, I will be sure to ask for your mailing addresses, to send you a free DVD courtesy of Ever Building Films.

:whistling: