Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

view hidden files

• Please log in to reply

mridang_agarwal

mridang_agarwal

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hi, How can I view all the hidden file son my PC? Even after selecting the view hidden files option. i canjust see the normal iiden files. There area whole bunch of windows files and folders that you cant see. Is there some kind of tool that aloows me see "all" the files an folders.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi mridang_agarwal...

Click Start, then Run, type regedit, and click "OK" to open Registry Editor.
In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then Software, then Microsoft, then Windows, then CurrentVersion, then Explorer, and click on Advanced.

In the right pane, right-click on ShowSuperHidden and select "Modify". Change the Data Value to 1 and click "OK".

You should now be able to see all the files and folders on your machine...be careful now...most of these are "system critical".

wannabe1