Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to get on the internet

• Please log in to reply

j4m3s

j4m3s

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi, i own a sweex adsl 4 port router. I'm sure i've configured it correctly as it had been working for sevral months. It suddenly apeard i couldnt get on the internet. It say's along the bottom, connect at 100mbs. However when i click open internet explorer or firefox it comes up with page can't be displayed. refresh... auto lan... this and that. you know the usualy. I've check all the usual things. I reset the router and re configed like advised. Tried disconnecting everything and just using the router. Unplugging the phones. Reset the router. Left it of with no power or anything for a few hours.

Msn, ventrilo, online games internet... nothing works.

run-> cmd-> ipconfig /all-> i get a default gatway, ip and subnet mask.

I've went into the netwrok settings, tcp ip properties and selected auto assign ip and dns, no joy, so i then tried putting 1 in, again no luck. So its back on auto again.

I called my isp (tesco's) and was told i can't be given any help unless i have the modem. Obviously with 2 desktop's and 2 laptos haven been in the house hold i need a router, not a modem so i'd binned it months ago.

The same problem occurs on my other pcs

They did a check and there didn't seem to be any problems on there end, they told me it say's i was connected fine. Most of the time those phone line tech supports are useless any way...

PELASE HELP :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
uh....is this a router/modem? because you can't connect to dsl without a modem....

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
ADSL M.Router/4p switch-A

CC300011SW0417576

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah...that's better...it's a modem/router combo...whether you use a tesco modem or not..they should still be able to test the line

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
There thick!

:whistling:

j4m3s

j4m3s

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks for all the suggestions, fast respons and help. I got the problem sorted. It involed forking out money throughing a router out of a bedroom window and buy a new one :whistling: