Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Home edition

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

Its about time. I have just purchased a new computer, i was sick to death with the old one.

I have 1 questions. At the bottom right of your screen were the clock is, there should be an icon with 2 computers compunicating between one another. I dont have this icon. Can somewone please help me to find out how to put the icon back in.

Thanks

Peter.

:whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, network and internet, network connections, right click the connection, click properties, tick show an icon when connected

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
If you got internet even without those icons, those icons aren't needed at all.
But there are ways to get that icon there.

Start -> Settings -> Networkconnections -> Rigth-click on the internet connection -> Properties -> Tick the box that says something like "Show icon in tray". That box should be on the first page dispayed and otherwise it's the most left tab in the properties window.

Your welcome.

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi Keith & IO-error,

Thank you every much for your assisatance, problem solved!

Peter

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know