Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pc is slow when shutting down and starting up

• Please log in to reply

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi my HP PAVILION A608 is acting slow when starting up and shutting down how can i stop this from happening.And what games does ATI RADEON 9600 PRO play? i know it plays sims 2 well what other games does it do well on? . My hp pavilion specs are:(it has been upgraded)

(without upgrades)
2.5GHz
256MB RAM
40GB hard drive
64MB integrated INTEL graphics
Combo DVD & CD-Writer 48x speed
PCI & AGP slots

(with Upgrades)
2.5GHz (same)
512MB RAM
300GB hard drive
DUAL NVIDIA SLI CARDS
Combo DVD & CD-Writer
PCI & AGP SLOTS

Could you please help me my questions are at the top help very appreciated

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Can you explain a bit more? How slow is slow? 1 minute? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Have you tried using a startup manager? Cleaning out the system tray? Its hard to analyze a problem like this without knowing specific information. Post back with that info and anything else you have tried or might be helpful to solving this issue.

B

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
ok when it is shutting down it takes around 40seconds which is pretty slow.when its starting up its fine.I do not have much programmes on my PC either.And do you know what games will play on an ATI RADEON 9600 PRO?

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

40 seconds isn't that slow for a shut down.... It's actually pretty fast. I'm not a gamer so I can't help you with the games question.

B