Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

counterstrike freezing problems

• Please log in to reply

tReX11

tReX11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
whenever i join a game, it freezes for 7 seconds then in the top right corner says 'connection error' then unfreezes and everyone's gone invisible and says their all disconnected!

any help would be much appreciated. i cant find any similar problems to this so i thought id post a thread.

cheers.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
is this with a paticular server or any server?

tReX11

tReX11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
all servers

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
whats your connection speed? and system specs?

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Hmmm...have you sent a ticket to Valve?

tReX11

tReX11

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ticket?

whats a ticket?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
why would he open a ticket to valve?

are you having connection issues with other games? are you having pop up windows or anything like that when surfing the internet? Are you running p2p or other application downloads while gaming?

pick a server, try to connect. if you have problems. write down the ip of the server. go to command prompt and type in "ping" followed by the ip:

ping 127.0.0.1 for example.

post the rusults here (you have have to enable quick edit by going into properties of the command windows. this will allow you to hilight and copy your results).

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
it tells you your ping in game you dont need to use telnet to ping the server. its most probably your hardware. Also have you got the latest firmware if you have router. Try disconnection if you have a router then reconnect a minute later as when i use bittorrent after ive downloaded im really laggy on games.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
hmmm......maybe do a hijackthis log in the Spyware help section...there pretty resourceful there!

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 19 June 2006 - 06:32 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
hijackthis log might be usefull

Rumble: nobody said anything about telnet.

What I should have added is that after he does a ping test then he can type in the "tracert" followed by the ip of the given server he just pinged.

Ping will tell you if there is a major problem with connectivity. Tracert will give the path between you and the server. This information will tell us about bad hops, slow hops, ect.

If you need help updating your router firmware (if you use a router) just drop a post in the networking forum. They can help you with that. Once done with all of the above post back here with the results.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Reply removed

Edited by Keith, 20 June 2006 - 07:32 AM.