Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trillian Question

• Please log in to reply

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I've done searches to see what it does, and I really like the program. However, no one will say what you need to run it! I know it is compatable with the major IM clients, so I'm assuming that I need an account with one of them to use it (AOL, for example), but do I need to have AIM software installed to use it? I want to totally uninstall AOL and all of its components, so would I be able to use Trillian to acces my AOL acount once its gone?

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
I am pretty sure you will need either a AIM, Yahoo, ICQ account. I know its awesome compatible with mIRC. I know some people on our staff use Trillian so maybe they will tell you a little more.

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
OK, is AIM different from AOL??? I have a working AOL account, yet when I enter my info to setup an AIM connection, it says "invalide password".

If AIM is different, can I set up an account off of my main one without having to pay additional fees?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

can I set up an account off of my main one without having to pay additional fees?

pretty sure.

visit http://www.aim.com

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
yes you can get rid of aol...good luck on that one.

you just need to open accounts on aim, yahoo, msn, icq etc

once trillian is installed on your pc thats all you need.

you may also like to look at this instaed of trillion....

http://bsm.blowsearch.com/

:tazz:

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Thx for your alls help, I got it up and running!