Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dingmt.dll

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I was on the internet this morning and noticed I suddenly got an un announced popup window going to passion.com

Did a hijackthis scan and found a strange DLL file in system32

dingmt.dll

Checked to see when it was created and the date was yesterday at 10:52AM. I leave my computer running 24/7 and was not on the computer at 10:52AM so it was obviously something else that put it in there.

Tried to do a search on it. No luck. Tried to fix it with hijack this, no luck. Tried to get rid of it with killbox, no luck.

Found it was created at the same time as vtsqr.exe

So with that its obviously vundo related. Not the first time I've had it. Didn't know vtsqr was a .exe though. I always thought that was a dll file.

Ran ewido anti malware, it found nothing.

Ran symantec's Vundo fixer and it killed 1 process but did not remove any files.

Just wondering if this is a new form of vundo or not. It was different last time I got it.

Edited by 10691047, 17 June 2006 - 12:10 AM.

Advertisements