Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why can't I download HijackThis? [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

Alexs2020

Alexs2020

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am having problems with the "C:/WINDOWS\Web\Desktop.html" virus and I was trying to Download HijackThis and I keep getting this message after I try to open it:

"This application has failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tryed getting rid of the virus by going into Display Properties and deleting the "Security" in Web tab, but everytime I restart the computer, it comes back.

Alex

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi and welcome Alex,

Go Here
download the file save it to your Desk top, double click on it after it has finished,

That should take care of it for you,

Run through the steps in this Topic

after you have done that post a log in Malware Removal Forum

madagan1

madagan1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi alexs2020

You can try going to http://www.merijn.org and download the latest version 1.99.1. If you have problems with the download they should be able to help.
Hope the info is helpfull.

Alexs2020

Alexs2020

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks a lot.

It works now.

Alex