Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC rebooting constantly!

• Please log in to reply

charrup

charrup

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Right - this is now the third time I have to retype my entire problem - why does my thread keep getting closed or deleted??

Keith helped me on saturday by giving me a list of things to do - prefetch, disc clean up, disc defragmentation and sfc/scannow....

When i managed to finally do the sfc/scannow, windows didnt prompt for the cd so i guess it didnt find anything wrong.

The latest is - the crashes seem to happen during the night when pc is not in use. In the morning I come through and the rebooting is in a loop....every minute. I quickly managed to get the following error before it rebooted - 'services and controller app encountered a problem and needs to close'. So I tell it not to send the report then the countdown to shutdown begins. Open command line and type shutdown -a to abort and it stops the countdown window but still reboots a few seconds later.

This morning, I cannot get it to stop......its constantly in reboot loop -- please any suggestions!!!???

Advertisements

RichP

RichP

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Have a look at this

charrup

charrup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanx Richp but it seems its not the worm however my hubby is convinced it is virus related.

Perhaps I will try the malware forum and see what they suggest - maybe a hijackthis will show something - I give up !!

Thanx anyway

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you need to post only one thread....you have three threads on the same topic, which makes it very difficult to help you

charrup

charrup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sorry but i could never find the previous threads to continue with them.....

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Sorry but i could never find the previous threads to continue with them.....

Hi charrup:

Just a gentle reminder to you and others that the Search function at the top is very helpful in locating not only other member's posts, but your own. Just use the "Filter by Member Name" search function. It has saved me countless times.

Ron

charrup

charrup

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanx, will remember that next time! :whistling: