Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"http403- forbidden" huh?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vogarth

vogarth

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
When I try download something, like bearshare for example, I always encounter the folowing message:

"HTTP403 Forbidden

You are not authorized to veiw this page."

I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING!!!

Removed annoying font size changes. We can read the default font size perfectly fine, thank you.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there vogarth, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Are you using a firewall??? What firewall are you using??? ZoneAlarm?

Let me know. Cool :whistling:

vogarth

vogarth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I am using zonealarm's firewall, why? are u suggesting I turn it off?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there vogarth, well ZoneAlarm is the problem.

It is the cookie control in ZoneAlarm, turing off cookie control will fix the problem?

> Open ZoneAlarm
> Privacy (On the left menu)
> Set Cookie control to "Medium"

If medium settings does the same thing try switching it off my slecting "Off" option.

Let me know.

Cool :whistling:

Edit: Added Instructions

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 20 June 2006 - 07:02 AM.

vogarth

vogarth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thankyou so much! I have done that and it is much better. THANKS!! :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
vgarth, glad you were able to fix your problem. I've made a mental note of that solution.

We need to mention that we don't provide any suupport for p2p apps. It is against our Terms of Service. In fact we highly discourage thier use due to the distribution of spyware and virus's through those applictions.

vogarth

vogarth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Is Zonealarm a p2p app? I didn't know that... if it is. well by the way I tried downloading Bearshare again and it didn't work, so maybe I should uninstall zonealarm...but that only leaves me in the defence of "ad-aware, cleanup, smitrem, and hijackthis.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again vogarth, what starjax means is that Bearshare is the P2P program.

NOT ZoneAlarm, I would NOT recommend uninstalling ZoneAlarm at all. Even if you probably uninstalled ZoneAlarm you would have the same problem, infact you would have even more problems because of the chance of getting infected with malware. During my time helping you starjax let me know that Bearshare is a P2P program, and installing this would cause unwanted problems.

Posted Image

For this reason, this post will be closed shortly. I am sorry that we could not help you, this is for your own good. :whistling: