Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compaq v2000 will not start

• Please log in to reply

king kong

king kong

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
imm guesing this is not the topic
but hp would not help for 3-5 days they will not accept new complaints
but i have used there site faq and everything
but i was surfing the web on google just looking a pics of mustangs the car when all of a sudden my computer says system hibernating and then shuts down i did not click anything or do anything i was reading the topic about the site
now the computer will not even turn on i have removed the battery tried with just the adapter i have tryed with just the battery but nothing i am using sp2 on it and it just wont start the power light does not even turn on
can anyone help me

Advertisements

kunwon1

kunwon1

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I'd guess that the system hibernated as a self-preservation measure, i.e. it sensed a drop in battery voltage or some such. If you have access to a second battery I'd try that. There are laptops out there that won't run without a battery inserted, even if you connect the AC adapter.. I don't know if this is one of them.

Was your computer dropped/shocked recently? How old is the computer/battery?

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
hi, for hp note books there should be a system-off switch (for restting notebook)
on the left side under the pc card slots eject buttons.
insert straght paper clip into the system off switch.
I have a hp n5470 and it has one but i have never had to use it.

king kong

king kong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i fixed it the computer sensed that the battery was giving to much power to the pc so i had to do a power drain by unpluging the ac adapter and battery and holding the power button for 2 mins. that fixed it and i am now typing on it but thanks for the help

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
You did a battery drain by holding the powerbutton for 2 minutes?
I never heard of a powerdrain.

Well, good to know it helped you.