Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up a site

• Please log in to reply

luke_edwards_999

luke_edwards_999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have purchased a domain name from Nominet.org.uk....Now what? ;) Do I have to find a web host? (is 50megs.com an example of one?) Will they then give me the information for the FTP etc? Also, what do I have to do in terms of changes on the nominet web site? Do I have to let them know anything? If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, and if more information is needed then let me know...

_Luke_

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Hey Luke,

Nice to see someone from across the pond (the big ocean). Anyway, yes you do need a web server to host your site. GtG offers web hosting. Check us out at http://www.gtghosting.com

Any questions on how to set up, PM myself or admin.

Good luck,
ditto

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
You'll be surprised how many of us are from the other side of the 'bigocean!'

Spike

Up the foxes (To all Americans that's a chant from a football match a.k.a Soccer to you guys and for a quxlity ide called Leicester City, check them out and if you ever come over I'll take you to a game. A real game that is, non of this mamby bambying around with body pads on ya!)

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
If it's a small site, 50webs.com has free ad free hosting. You can set it up with a regular domain name. But I think they only have 60megs.

grandwizard

grandwizard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
*Edited to remove offensive post

Edited by ~Kat~, 19 May 2005 - 10:54 PM.