Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Steam

• Please log in to reply

reel

reel

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello all,
i use to have Steam, for half life 2 and all of those games. but recently i recived an error when trying to start the program up. I get a "debug assertion error"
"
Program: C:\programfiles\valve\steam\steam.exe
File: BootstrapperApp.cpp
Line: 393
P2
(please retry to debug the application-JIT debugging must be enabled)
abort,retry, ignore, are options, none of which d any help

"
I have a legal copy of the game and it use to run fine until recently. i have tried to reinstall the game and have looked on numerous forums for an answer but no one has been able to come up with a solution. I have a hijackthis report. if i need to post it, plese tell me so.

Thank you in advance

Advertisements

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Hmmm....Im gonna say post have someone analyze your log....altough...have you tried a reinstall?

I wouldn't suggest a reinstall until you have your log analyzed

reel

reel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Please do not post hijack this logs in any other forum than the malware forum as it will incourage others to do so as well. Your log has been removed and re-attached as a text file

Thats my log. i have tried to reinstall several times. but it doesn't seem to work.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Just to let the moderator know...I wasn't going to analyze his log...I assumed a malware expert would analyze it or that he would post it in the malware forum...my bad...I should have directed him. As an Ex-GeekU member I know that if a non-expert helps someone with HJT thats against the rules

Edited by MOLEXRULZ, 20 June 2006 - 02:44 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you're going to suggest that someone post an hjt log...then give them a link and the instructions

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Alright then...if you would like to have your log examined go here:
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html
and post your log. Make sure to read the instructions thread here first before posting your log!
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Good luck and may your future be malware free! :whistling:

reel

reel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the help. i'll get started on it now. thanks again

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Not sure why mole doesn't want you to reinstall. It does not take that long so uninstall everything related to Steam and reinstall it. If that doesn't work report back.

reel

reel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have tried to reinstall several times, but as soon as i reinstsall it, it runs. I can downbload half life 2, and play it. but once i exit out of steam, i cannot reopen it. i get the "debug assertion failed" error.is there a setting in steam that could be affecting this?

Edited by reel, 24 June 2006 - 02:59 PM.