Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

downloading music

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I have used Sony music store many times with no problems from my work computer. However when I try to make an audio CD on my home computer, I follow the same steps, start the download and it goes to a format mode which takes forever, and then I get nothing on the cd. Can't firgure out what settings are different that is causing this problem. I use INCD writing packet, tried brining up Nero to locate the music and burn it, but can't so that either. I have a DSL line, and I even disabled my firewall.
Then I opened an account with MSN music thinking maybe I could get that to work. Downloaded a song fine, it played then I tried to download that...same thing it formatted, couldn't cancel it once it started. It also said I could listen to the song at any time by going to start/my music/ play, so I did. I clicked play...and I got SONY MUSIC store!

I'm totally confused...and frustrated. :whistling:

Advertisements

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Nobody can help me? Is there a way to change settings on my INCD program that might be the problem? I have no manual anymore, nor can I find the actual serial number of the product so I can go for updates.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Nero with start smart, click the Word Nero, then product key

It will update your existing version if you leave the key as it is

Which version of Nero do you have

Is thare a particular reason why are you using INCD to make audio CD's

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Not sure what you mean by start smart? When I left click I get the "licensed to", but no numbers, so I didn't know how to go farther in the update. When I try to make a CD I get a choice of format or burn with Nero. My work computer does not show any of this, just makes the CD. Wonder what is different?
Also when I open Nero I did get "cannot open driver..system aspi" , and on one attempt I got "need windows original WNASPI32.dll" so I don't know how to correct this either. If I am missing this file, how can I restore it?

Edited by bettei, 21 June 2006 - 01:39 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which version of Nero is it?

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
The Nero Express CD says 5.59.9/incd 3.39.0, so it seems they are bundled together. I have since found the serial # and tried to download an update, but so far it is not taking the serial #. I also found reference to a patch for XP ser. pack 2, and downloaded it, but then it said be careful that it might change things in my computer, so it is unopened on my desktop.
I Googled the "WMNASPi32.dll " file that seems to be missing, and it is linked with Nero. So far I don't know how to proceed with this file I am missing.
I ran a tune-up utility a few times in the last month, don't know whether it erased something I needed or not.

When I try to open Nero now, I get "need original wnaspi32.dll file". I tried to use the systems restore, but nothing changed. Is it safe to go to Uniblue website and downlead a fix for this?

Edited by bettei, 21 June 2006 - 06:37 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can get the aspi driver from Nero

http://www.nero.com/...SPI_Driver.html

There should be an update option, a button you click which goes to the download page. If you still have a problem with the serial number, contact them

Where did you get the XP SP2 patch

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Not sure what you mean by start smart? When I left click I get the "licensed to", but no numbers, so I didn't know how to go farther in the update. When I try to make a CD I get a choice of format or burn with Nero. My work computer does not show any of this, just makes the CD. Wonder what is different?
Also when I open Nero I did get "cannot open driver..system aspi" , and on one attempt I got "need windows original WNASPI32.dll" so I don't know how to correct this either. If I am missing this file, how can I restore it?

Hello ,INCD is for formatting and burning to a cd-rw disk ,are you using rewriteable disk to burn the music on ,if so the disk should be finalized[using nero] before you can use it to play the music in a regular cd player .then formatted again befor you can burn anymore songs to it ,

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I found it in Nero also in one of their download pages. I did download the aspi driver, but it says windows cannnot open it. I did contact them, but no reply yet.
I am concerned with the "missing the originalwindows wnaspi32.dll" Iget. I have the XP recovery CD, but am a little leery of using it.
If I use the recovery CD, are you able to type in this file I want without changing or disrupting the computer otherwise? Or do I need to have a tech look at my compuer, or can you lead me through fixing the file problem?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Avoid the recovery CD at the moment, most return a PC to its day one, (windows only) condition

Advertisements

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

I am concerned with the "missing the originalwindows wnaspi32.dll" Iget. I have the XP recovery CD, but am a little leery of using it.

for the missing dll file do the following .
download the dll file Here download it to your desktop[if you download it the desktop copy and paste it to the nero folder ] or directly to the nero folder ,the nero folder mine is in "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero"

Edited by My2Cents, 22 June 2006 - 09:15 AM.

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

download the dll file Here download it to your desktop[if you download it the desktop copy and paste it to the nero folder ] or directly to the nero folder ,the nero folder mine is in "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero"

I did download that, and like I said, I can't open it without an error message saying Nero must close, or need original windows file. So I am stuck.
Is there any danger in going to a site like Uniblue that says it can fix windows or missing files?

My2Cents

My2Cents

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

I did download that, and like I said, I can't open it without an error message saying Nero must close, or need original windows file. So I am stuck.
Is there any danger in going to a site like Uniblue that says it can fix windows or missing files?

soory I can't comment on a program like they have to fix this problem .
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling NERO!

bettei

bettei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Avoid the recovery CD at the moment, most return a PC to its day one, (windows only) condition

I understand that, I had to do that to my laptop and did it successfully, but I have more on this computer and want to avoid it.
So there is no way to insert the XP CD and only fix or run certain problems without totally wiping out the hard drive and starting over?
I can't even open Nero at all now, and I while I could never record music, it did work to copy pictures onto a cd. Now I can't even do that.
I did uninstall it and reinstall. still says I am lacking that wnaspi file.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The difference is between a recovery CD and an XP CD, the XP CD will run a repair install