System Restore Problem
Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:49 PM
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:00 PM
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete
Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up
Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc defragmenter
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:05 PM
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:06 PM
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:10 PM
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:17 PM
Click start then run, type (specifically)
or copy and paste it from here then press enter
When it asks for the CD, load it
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:25 PM
Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:26 PM
Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:41 AM
Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:44 AM
If so, is there a particular reason
Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:09 PM
Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:14 PM
2. Locate the Sr.inf file, right-click the file, and then click Install.
3. In the Files Needed dialog box, click Browse. Locate the Sr.sy_ file in the i386 folder of the Windows XP CD, click the file, and then click Open.
4. When the installation is completed, restart your computer.
As the computer reboots, keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.
2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users