Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me please Win32.zlob-Bn(trj)

• Please log in to reply

stillbaddad

stillbaddad

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello everyone.
At this time i am as sick a a parrot, i keep getting a warning that a VIRUS has been detected fron AVAS. Everytime i open any system file it keeps coming on warning me, it happens twice on the trott each time. I have found the offending folder in system 32 a file called 'hp100.temp' i have tried to remove it but cant. can anyone please help.
Oh, also when i run the avast software and it starts its memory scan i get a warning thathe virus is there also.

Please help
Shaun :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi stillbaddad...

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions found there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please start a new topic in the appropriate forum.

wannabe1

stillbaddad

stillbaddad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have followed the links you have supplied and i do believe that the AVG program has stopped it. However, i still have avast on my sytem, should i take one of the programs off, and if so, which would you recommend to stay. AVG did the job that avast could not, but that doe's not necessarily mean it is the better.

Many thanks for your assisyance

Shaun

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Start a new topic and post a HiJackThis log in the Malware Forum for the experts to look at. Sometimes it takes a trained eye to get these things completely off the machine.