Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorites Folders

• Please log in to reply

Marggie

Marggie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ever since my son came & used my computer, I now have "closer toolbar" on folders in favorites. I would like to delete these files.

Marggie

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
right click the folder, choose DELETE

Marggie

Marggie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Gerrif, when I right click on folder in says "close toolbar" but only on the folers and files that where non-esistant before my son used my computer. On my own files and folders I can right click and delete files. I am trying to get rid of the "close toolbar" that is on these folders so that I can delete them.

Does this make sense to you?

Marggie

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sadly no, but perhaps a screen capture will

Select the window that you want to show us

Press the ALT key and the Print Screen (sometimes this key is labeled Prt Sc, or Prt Scr) simulultaneously

Open Microsoft Paint (usually Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint)

On the menu bar at the top, choose EDIT > PASTE

Save the file on the desktop by choose FILE > SAVE AS

Click on the DESKTOP button on the left side of the dialog box, then in the FILE NAME box type
screen1
and under SAVE AS TYPE, choose
JPEG

Click the SAVE button

Close Paint

To attach the file, click the ADD_REPLY button at the bottom of this thread. When the window opens, scroll below the message box to FILE ATTACHMENTS, click BROWSE, click the DESKTOP button, then choose SCREEN1, then click the OPEN button.

Now click the ATTACH button, then click ADD_REPLAY button