Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger[resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

daria_XT

daria_XT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, today my computer had updates for windows XP and I decided to download them. Unfortunately now I can't get into the majority of the programs on my computer :tazz: . Every time I try to the computer freezes up and then says DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encounterd a problem and needs to close. As a result I have no choice but to restart my computer. If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it. THANKS!!!!!

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, daria_XT!

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log here.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless AND essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Michelle :tazz:

daria_XT

daria_XT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Michelle,
I've downloaded the Ad-ware and the Spyware programs and removed all of the files that it found. My computer seems to be back to normal everything seems to be working. Thank you so much. ;) Keep up the good job. :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
You may still want to post your HiJack This log so we can take a quick look to make sure everything is legit! When I first joined Geeks to Go, I had the same "dr watson postmortem debugger" stuff and run all of the programs you did. My computer seemed to be running normally, but there were still items that had to be deleted with HiJack This.

If you do not want to post your HiJack This log, that's fine too! I wish your computer a long and healthy life! :tazz:

Michelle ;)

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
This topic has been resolved and is now closed. If the original poster has any problems and needs it reopened, please contact a staff member.