Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pictures and Icons do not show

• Please log in to reply

cleancash

cleancash

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For example, in the "clickable smilies" I see blank squares and when I right click and click on
"Show Picture" I get the picture filling the square. This occurs on web pages and email pages.

I have Windows XP Home 2002 and I do not have the system disks, but it is a legally registered
version of Windows. I called the computer shop that sold us the computer in 2002 and they said
they could not help.

What is causing this problem? If a file has been removed or corrupted can I download a patch or
new file without having to re-purchase Windows?

It is not a fatal error, just a nuisance.

thanks for being here.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi cleancash...

Open Control Panel and double click on the "Internet Options" icon. Under the "Security" tab, make sure the slider is adjusted to "Medium". Then click on the "Internet" icon in the box at the top and click the "Custom Level" button. Match the settings found there with the corresponding guide HERE.

Do this with each of the icons in the top box except "Local Intranet" using the appropriate guide. Apply the changes and reboot.

Do the icons and images show now?

wannabe1

cleancash

cleancash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! and thank you for paying attention to my problem.

I went to "Advanced Internet Options"/restore default and that solved the problem. Does that make sense?

best,

Colleen

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yup, it does.

There may be a few settings you'll want to change on down the road, but they should relate mostly to being prompted about things and can be changed using a checkbox on the warning window.

Glad things are looking good again... :whistling: