Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Best FIre wall

• Please log in to reply

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey guys what’s a good free fire wall too use for windows Xp, a friend told me about Zone alarm, but the program has sum type of settings that lag up my internet connection, I noticed it increases my ping in games which is something gamers take deeply to the hart so I uninstalled it and i am looking for a new one.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
zone alarm is pretty good. You just have to configure some of the settings properly to get it work well. However it isn't my favorite. Free firewalls have basically disappeared. I can recommend Kerio. I think they still provide a free version. TinyFirewall is also pretty good.

seedless

seedless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ok so if i should invest in a good fire wall what should i go with

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
kerio is probably my favorite. I have used several and unfortunately I have to use what work provides me so I can office at home.