Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Internet

• Please log in to reply

SmilinJusBecuz

SmilinJusBecuz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello,

I'm trying access the internet from a desktop pc and its not working. I've tried using both IE and Firefox.

When I try to load IE it says finding site:www.google.com (the homepage) but then nothing happens. When I try going to another website as soon as I press enter the browser closes.

When trying with Firefox i get a white page with black lettering that says:
ADDRESS NOT FOUND ERROR.
www.google.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again

(in a blue box with black lettering) it says:
the address (url) does not correspond to a known site and could not load.

There is a link on the left hand side that says Try again.

I ran AVG and it came up with startpage.aei trojan horse, but it says its embedded. I can't access the internet to download anything like HJT.

Any help would be great,

~Shauna

ETA: That it did have newdotnet on it and I successfully deleted it. After playing around a little longer, I am now able to get the IE to stay up after trying to access another site other than the homepage and I can access Internet Options now.

Edited by SmilinJusBecuz, 21 June 2006 - 11:35 PM.

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
have a look at this site.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use another PC to download and save as many of these to disc, so you can load them on to the problem PC

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

SmilinJusBecuz

SmilinJusBecuz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

have a look at this site.

Thank you for the site, but thats not the problem.... nothing at all connects to the internet.

I'm currently saving all the downloaded programs to a disc to load on the pc and run. I kinda thought thats what I was going to have to do.

I'll post back when I'm done.

Thanks,

~Shauna