Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail issue

• Please log in to reply

bobzworld

bobzworld

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello

im having trouble logging into my hotmail account. it used to work but since 2 days ago it wont let me log in. when i open the hotmail.com website and type my username and password it will make the clicking sound like 7 times as if it keeps on refreshing and then give me this error message:

The Microsoft Passport Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of the Passport Network.

You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Passport Network, or try again later at this site.

anyone else have this problem and can help me fix it? thanks

Advertisements

zodsquad

zodsquad

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Tools, Internet Options, under Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files, and click OK, wait for it to finish deleting, and click OK.

Also, if using Internet Explorer, try using Firefox instead and see if a different browser works, so you'll know whether it's the browser or something else. Firefox is a free download at http://www.mozilla.org, and is actually my preferred browser. You could also try getting Hotmail using Outlook Express.

Hope this helps!

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
dont mean to but in here zodsquad.....
======
hi there bobzworld, what zodsquad is correct; but some temp files are accualy quite helpful-you may want to delete some of them but before we do that i whould like to get a little more info and we still need IE to work. Without IE you wont beable to update Windows (and that can cause some issues). My main question: can you make a secure connection to any website? also i am not fimilur with hotmail, but you may want to try updating java, shockwave, and flash.

Hope this helps

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you experienced pop ups, had any virus's, or anything like that? Might want to post a hijackthislog so we can rule that out. Are you using a pop up blocker?

bobzworld

bobzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hey guys i got it fixed thanks for the help.

i had downloaded windows live messenger and deleted it. reinstalled it and now everythings works. i dont really know what happend and what was causing it. i had lots of help in the malware removal forum and posted my logs there.

the computer is running smooooth now thanks again everyone.