Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reformat

• Please log in to reply

pino805

pino805

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello again. I still don't know crap about computers so bare with me. I recently was trying to reformat my whole hard drive and i accidently installed windows xp twice on to my computer. My friend who knows alot about computers helped me or so he says. So what i did was go to the windows xp setup page and pressed enter to continue. Then i pressed f8 to accept the windows xp licensing agreement. THen i selected a partion with windows installed and pressed d to delete an existing partion. Then problem was that I had a partion called E, C, and D. I also had a drive called f and g which were my extra hard drives that i store stuff onto. So i ask my friend what partion do i delete. he said to delete e and d first and then delete c and reformat. I asked if this would delete my f and g drive stuff that i had stored and he said no. So i go ahead and do this and i successfuly install a fresh new windows xp. As i am going through my computer i noticed it dosen't recognize the f and g drive. so I go into administrative tools and then to computer management. Then i continue to disk management. I look for the two drives and all i see are the two drives and they say unpartitioned. So the question is did he have my delete all my [bleep] that was stored on my two extra drives. When i was partitioning the drives they said e and d not f and g, so did my comptuer recognize them as E and D, and i went ahead and partitioned them and lost all my stuff?

Advertisements