Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DXDIAG Sound Test result : Failure at step 19

• Please log in to reply

mhk58

mhk58

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My PC brand is IBM Aptiva 733 X-86 based PC, I've upgraded to XP Pro. from ME. I didn't have any problem 'cause I'm quite an advance user until the power supply box conked out (already five years old). The technician suggested I change casing instead of replacing the power supply because less expensive.

But when he delivered it back there was no sound anymore even system sounds. I updated the driver of SiS 7018 Wave that's XP compatible, even done diagnotics (dxdiag) and everytrhing is OK except this Sound Test result: Failure at step 19 (user verification of software): HRESULT = 0X00000000 (error code).

I've done troubleshooting but to no avail. The speakers are new but I checked the Device Manager and it says I don't have the system speaker driver (under the system devices), what can be the problem? I don't want to use the IBM Product Recovery CD that came with my PC because I'll have to start from scratch again. Don't know also if this will work this time and solve the problem.

Would appreciate if someone who has solve the same problem could help!Attached File  DxDiag.txt   32.71KB   396 downloads

Edited by mhk58, 23 June 2006 - 10:54 AM.

Advertisements