Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Safe mode boot - Wireless keyboard

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Folks

I need to boot my XP running computer in safe mode. At this time I am using a blue tooth keyboard and there in lies a problem. To boot in safe mode I need to use the F8 key at an appropriate time while the computer is powering up. The problem I have is that the keyboard is not recognised until after this point in the bootup.

Is there any other way I can boot into safe mode or have I got to purchase a wired keyboard and go crawling around under the desk to plug it in.

Hope some out there can help

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
..you'll need to get your hands on a normal PS/2 keyboard (the older kind with the green round plug)...don't really need to buy one if you know someone else who has a keyboard...or you could buy a cheapo to keep around for these times

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
im not sure if this will work with safe mode but if your keyboard is connected to the computer (or the bluetooth dongle) you have to enable USB keyboard support

that might help but im not sure if it will try it and see