Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transfer files

• Please log in to reply

kjmom57

kjmom57

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron B130 laptop with XP Pro. I have an old Dell desktop (Win 2000ME). Is there a way I can transfer my already received emails from Outlook Express from my old desktop to the new laptop? Also, is there an easy way to transfer my address book from Outlook Express to the new laptop? I really don't relish having to type in all those addresses again.
Thanks.

Advertisements

Leurgy

Leurgy

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
XP includes the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard as explained here and here. It will move a number of preferred settings including your address book and saved email.

Another explanation for using it is found here. You'll need some type of connection between computers like a router or direct cable connection.